Saturday, June 17, 2006

More Gold than Fort Knox

Gold glitters, sparkles, feels nice against your skin and looks beautiful. It is precious, very precious and the most precious of all, will reach out, kiss your face, nudge your hand, lean against you, snuggle up and steal your heart...

The Golden Specialty is this weekend and I am having a blast! It is wonderful how much love, dedication, appreciation and passion exists; how committed the breeders and handlers are to not only their own dogs, but to the health and welfare of the breed and dogs in general. I've met several member of the Evergreen Golden Retriever Club and they are a wonderful group!

I will admit, I took advantage of the Golden Retriever's natural joy of sharing love and got as much cuddling and kisses as I could. They are all so very special, wonderful and unique. Then, of course, there is my passion...puppies!!!

Does it get any better than that?

At the end of the day, I got a hug and a kiss from my buddy Dax, who used to work in the office down the hall from me and would wander in to perk up my day and see if my supply of cookies needed diminishing. I'm not partial or anything, but I'm thinking... Best in Show? Why not? He's a veteran, he can show then all the ropes!
(Love you Dax! Thanks!)

No comments: